What to know about your gut
Stomach Health Determines Your Well Being
Gut Microbiome, comprising of trillions of bacteria, fungi, parasites, plays a critical role in managing health including immune system, cardiovascular, cancer and other aspects of human health.
- Stay informed with our weekly newsletter!
- Follow us on Social Media @ascendabio
- Check our Blog!
About your gut
Why is Stomach Health Important?
While many bacteria are beneficial to human health, some do create a dysbiosis causing symptoms such as bloating, cramps, abdominal pain, etc.
Gastrointestinal conditions can be difficult to distinguish from one another, and cause symptoms that can be relatively acute or sustained. Proper treatment requires distinguishing between infection, acute GI inflammation, inflammatory bowel diseases, and irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, Pancreatic insufficiency, probable H. pylori infection and other diseases such ulcers, polyps, colorectal cancer, etc.
Ascenda’s GI Health markers can precisely identify the symptoms due to
- Acute GI inflammation is typically associated with infections caused by enteric pathogens including bacteria/parasites/viruses
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, are GI inflammatory conditions.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is not an inflammatory condition, but may present with GI symptoms very similar to those associated with IBD in a patient.
- Celiac disease
- Pancreatic Insufficiency
- pylori infection
- Other conditions